Monday, May 13, 2019

Jasha Maroo

I made a vegan version of this in Los Angeles and Portland in the last few weeks, turned out pretty good...


I took homemade chickeny seitan and chopped it up, along with some seasoned tofu cubes for texture variation then sauteed until brown with minced ginger, garlic, shallots, several hot chilies and leeks.
Added some broth (not too saucey for me), a bunch of coarsley chopped tomatoes and a small amount of paste I made which involved tomato paste, nutmeg, clove, coriander, turmeric, cumin and mustard seed. Let that go for a little bit and seasoned to taste and added some chopped cilantro.
I didn't pay attention to amounts (do I ever) but this is something easy to do to your own taste.
Served it with red rice and long grain white mixed together. Make it nice and hot will ya?!

No comments: