I have several events coming up on the annual trip across the North.
I will put the menus if I know them after the dates and links, a lot to
* well first, July 26 my band Select Sex is playing at the Redwood in
downtown Los Angeles with Kaz Mirblouk and Rats in the Louvre
* July 30, Lakewood, WA- 3pm late lunch, get in touch with me
directly if you wish to attend.
* August 1, Olympia, WA- a Lammastide-themed dinner party at
6:30 pm, with fun songs about the dishes and the season by yours
truly plus storytelling with Elizabeth Lord. Get in touch with me
directly if you wish to attend.
* August 9, Billings, MT- an informal gathering we will play games,
eat, drink, talk, tell stories. Get in touch with me directly if you want
to get together.
* August 11-13, Minot, ND... Why Not Minot Fest #8!- I'll be
cooking all weekend, peddling some snacks, doing the buffet on
Sunday and also performing as Joshua Plague's Sanctuary of Sound
at the evening show on Sunday the 13th... info and schedule here:
* August 16th, Minneapolis, MN- Through the Ether: A Very
Strange Evening of Food, Esoterica, Performance and Weirdness
at The Future get tickets here:
there are two seatings (both with full performance and dinner) for
this,the 9pm still has seats, the 6:30 is close to sold out!
* And a little later on, I will be tabling cookbooks, zines and art at
Les Femmes Underground Film Festival Sept. 2nd in San Diego,
will be a lot of other tablers, films of course and art, should be fun!
* Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
* Flatbread Roulade w/ Roasted Carrot Puree, Kreemed Garlic
Spinach Dip, Garbanzo Pate
* Cantaloupe, Basil, Vegan Prosciutto & Roasted Red Pepper
* Unfish Taco Bar
* Cannelini Hummous w/ Crudites and Chips
* Big Old Salad
* Pistacho & Almond Baklava
* Strawberry Pies & Coconut Kreem
* Iced Tea, Agua Fresca & other beverages
Olympia, including performance programme:
Wine, an amusing themed cocktail and non-alcoholic version
thereof, agua frescas, herbal tea punch with seasonal fruit to drink
• Sun Pies of Corn & Sunflower, rich and wonderful, a variety
of seared and lightly dressed tomatoes, herbs, arugula.
"Even As He Wanes"
• Sorghum Bread wrapped in Zucchini Bacon and Stuffed with Leek
Pesto, Sweet & Spicy Bothe Sauces of Roasted Chilies and Peppers.
"Bringing In the Corn"
• Grape Leaf with Roasted Mashed Hominy & Legumes, Lightly
Breaded and Browned As it Please the Cook, Grilled Truffle Eggplant,
Seasonal Fruit & Wine Chutney, Dill-Garlic Sauce.
Served with an amusing Wine Cocktail (or pious alternative).
"Press, Bladder & Witches Ladder"
• Turnip Scallops as the Sea Lord Commands, Baked Apples, Kreemy
Colcannon with Roasted Cauliflower, Turmeric Sauce.
"Sand Candle Song"
• Strawberry Shortcakes & Coconut Kreem, Strawberry & Blackberry
Compotes, Strawberry-Blackberry Ice Kreem, Mint.
with Storytelling by the talented Elizabeth Lord
Minneapolis, with performance programme:
* A wonderful salad of various greens, special tomatoes,
roasted seasoned chickpeas, "chevre" balls, pickled peppers,
carrots & radicchio with a chokecherry vinaigrette will be
at table to enjoy throughout the evening.
* A Raising of the Spirits- call to the other worlds of the
nine planes with an invitation to dinner.
* An amusement of seasoned olives, tomatillo
on crispy potato crostini, roasted cauliflower dolmathes
with lemon dill sauce, savory & spicy cacao truffles.
* The Fog of Knowledge- imbibe the vapor of intelligence
as the oracles of old.
* Soup is Served- a delightful melon gazpacho with fresh corn relish,
mint, spices and juice of the tangerine.
* The Plasmic Form- imbibe the essence of all matter and anti-matter.
* Seasoned Rice & Plantain Cakes, Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew
Sauce, Turmeric Seared Summer Squash & Taro Root-Sweet Potato
Tempura with Asparagus a la Martien.
* The Wisdom of Mars.
* Delightful Strawberry-Blackberry Shortcakes of Sorghum with
Fresh Berries, Compotes of Both & Creams of Both.
* The Duality is Manifested.
* Benediction & Cocktail.