Wednesday, April 27, 2016

BLTrrito/ Chimichanga!

I have been lately making these and they go well with the carrot sauce from the last post...

fry up some tempeh bacon
prepare refried beans but make them a little smoky, maybe with a hint
of liquid smoke, smoked salt or hickory salt, smoked paprika or
something like that
make spanish rice, have some salsa at the ready
slice up avocado, tomato and have romaine leaves on hand
make potato salad but add chipotle to it (and maybe extra pickles
yum yum)
flame up some big ass tortillas and put this all together...
it's really good.

I like to make smothered chimichangas out of this... leave the romaine
out though because that is kinda gross fried and baked.
I do a couple Tbsp. oil in a hot pan and fry the burrito in there,
browning on all sides.
Then I put it in a baking dish and slather it with that carrot sauce
and some sharp uncheezy sauce and bake it at 400 degrees for 20
minutes.
Sprinkle with more sauces, with the romaine leaf as garnish and eat
the shit out of it.
Anyway, it's a BLTrrito.
I would post up recipes for all of the components but I'm feeling
lazy and just want to do something I can actually accomplish today.
Ta-da!


No comments: